View Single Post
Old 06.23.2006, 04:47 PM   #89
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
hell yes

i made it to chapter 6 yesterday-- took time on a hammock and some bug repellent & some sangria.

my favorite scene so far is at nozdrev's -- the guy is a fucking nut; reminds me of some cokeheads i've known. when he wants to trade him dogs and the "hurdy-gurdy" and all that useless shit-- hilarious.

and at the end of pliushkin's chapter there is this great little narration (im adding emphasis on my favorite turns of phrase):

Having eaten the lightest of suppers, consisting only of a suckling pig, he immediately undressed and, climbing under his blanket, fell into a fast, sound slumber, fell into that marvelous slumber which is know only to those fortunate beings who are bothered neither by hemorrhoids, nor fleas, nor overdeveloped mental faculties.

i almost fell out of the fucking hammock when i read this. the juxtaposition of "hemorrhoids, fleas, overdeveloped mental faculties" is fucking hilarious. the intellect as a plague. yes shakespeare said it with more beauty in hamlet but definitely a lot less humor. well, "conscience makes cowards of us all" is not EXACTLY the same but goes along similar lines... no hemorrhoids however.

what are your favorite passages-- so far?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|