View Single Post
Old 04.13.2006, 02:18 PM   #97
dark globe
empty page

dark globe has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by shitstain
all im saying is you can get mad and alienate people for doing things you dont like.. or you can ignore them or embrace them as something weird you didnt expect that is kind of funny about life

the french have a saying, which i shall poorly translate - "never talk about colours or fruit, you'll never agree"

but this a fascinating thread, it just shows the thing i think people here should concentrate on, its a community bought together by a love for one band. that would never happened before the net (not to this extent anyway) and along with the net comes the complete freedom to listen and find whatever by whoever. whats the point in swearing at people who are excited at getting something they want? we all know the age old argument, which runs sooooo true, majority of fans here will dl it, listen to it, buy it, go see the bands on tour, buy a t shirt....

and as someone else said, what the fucks a date in the big scheme of things? a deadline for the distributers and cd pressing plants, thats all.

you know, chabibs replies have saddened me somewhat, as the closest thing to a band viewpoint on this, his seems somewhat well, brash and single minded.

if a band wants to avoid a leak, theres ways. and it is the bands problem to deal with, if they are happy to send a cd to the press, then they are happy for it to be heard. simple as.

i remember radiohead when they released ok computer, they sent it as a tape glued into a walkman!!! kid a was only played at listening parties. etc etc.

then httf was leaked, and if you believe some people, intentially by the band but was low quality mp3s, that would mean you were surprised by the sheer jump in quality when you got home the sexy cd in its map case goodness.
dark globe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|