View Single Post
Old 06.15.2010, 01:00 PM   #88
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh, i want the US to win & go as far as they can, but i know they suck and i don't like their style of play (kick and run, kick and run: dullsville). that's the doing of coach bradders-- i liked them better when bruce arena was coach, even though his players were not as good as this new batch.

i like teams with good control of the ball, who make nice plays-- that's why i was in such awe of germany the other day. they are playing like argentina should, touching the ball to get around the defense, and strangely, they seem to have shirked their propensity for rough play. they really put on a good show.

Totally agree about the Bruce Arena era. He did have a fair crop of players that were always good to watch, but they never really looked like contenders. Bradley's team are 'better' but far less entertaining.

I love the passing game you're talking about, which is part of why i love Argentina. Their brilliance is that they don't just play pretty football (which is usually the case with 'flair' teams') but are utterly ruthless.

Brazil are the epitome of that but under Dunga they've become almost Italy-like - with an emphasis on almost. For brief spells, Brazil can just play any team off the park but most of the time they're just really well organised. I still think that 82 Brazil team are the closest football has come to producing art. I remember going to school after that World Cup and, even though Brazil never even won it, everyone wanted to be either Zico or Socrates. The last time I think that happened was with Maradona in 1990 (that's after I'd left school, though, so I can't confirm his playground currency).

Anyway, speaking of Brazil. They're about to start now, so ... laters.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|