View Single Post
Old 09.09.2010, 05:38 PM   #20
Pax Americana
expwy. to yr skull

Pax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
great pics Pax Americana! not sure if we know each other i also live in B-lo...

Wanted to go to this show pretty bad but i heard about it the day of and tix were sold out. not sure why i didn't know about but i think this show wasn't promoted well probably due to the smallish capacity that the basement space at babeville has, also kinda weird to me that they would put on such a show but I guess Difranco has a more broadened taste than i'd expect... talked to Steve Backzowski (crazy great improv saxman who's played with Corsano and also is music director @ Hallwalls as they share some of the space with Ani's Babeville) and he said it was a great show, real intimate w/ maybe 150 people tops... it would've been a crazy busy nite for me anyways as right after i would've had to run further downtown to Soundlab to catch Tortoise (also at a smallish venue for the group) they were pretty good, as the sound was just OK... wished that these two shows were combined as one bill Shellac/Tortoise, that would've been great weird nite in Buffalo for having both of these Chicago bands in town and with the Black Keys (whom i don't care for anyways) play in town on the same nite.

Don't think we know each other.
Yeah, the show wasn't really promoted at all. Guess that's no big surprise with a band like Shellac, and the small venue. I didn't find out about it till Monday and the show was Thursday. I had to run out and grab tickets and scramble to get the night off of work.

Yeah, I saw that Tortoise was playing the same night. That would have been a cool show to see too, altough I would have preferred Shellac. I didn't really care about the Black Keys either, but yeah, three relatively 'big' shows in one night downtown!
Pax Americana is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|