View Single Post
Old 11.14.2009, 02:48 AM   #817
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
FFX is my all time fave. Though FFXII comes a close second.

Final Fantasy 12 is probably the worst RPG I've ever played. And I've played a lot. I'm going to go so far as to say it's one of the worst games I've ever played, period. Never one time in the entire game did I feel involved with the story, the characters, or the gameplay. The simplified, dumbed-down offline-MMO battles seemed exciting at first, but then you realize that every battle is exactly the same, especially the boss battles (just cast all your limit breaks, switch out a character, cast all your limit breaks, switch out a character, cast all your limit breaks, switch out one more character, cast out all your limit breaks.. if the boss isn't dead, he's about to be). I mean, you could make the argment that every rpg battle is the same, but when you look at the fact that it takes forever to level up and get license points, (is it even possible to get over level 65 in this game without devoting hundreds of hours?).. yeah. Offline MMO, yeah. The only part that is intriguing is the license board, except when you realize that, again, it's really not as customizable or cool as you thought, and you eventually will just spend license points on useless bullshit in order to get the cool spells. The game is also way, way too easy, the dungeons are boring as hell, and the story.. oh my god, the story is TERRIBLE... I mean, it's pretty bad when you only have 6 party members and a few of the party members don't even interact with each other. Add in a superboring political plot that goes absolutely nowhere, and you have a game that feels completely broken and rushed and just.. off. It's like, there's no context to place anything in, you're just constantly going from A to B in this linear, boring progression and the side quests basically amount to trying to level up to try to kill monsters to get equipment that you don't need because the game is easy enough as it is. The graphics are good, but the entire game looks kinda like the Phantom Menace or something. Honestly, playing the game gave me a headache, and I'm not sure why, something about the gameplay and the saturated graphics just fucked with me. Absolutely the most boring, worthless, shit Final Fantasy, with nothing compelling happening in it whatsoever. Add in horrible characters, awful voice acting, and the game is just kinda worthless.

Seriously, does Penelo even have a single line of dialogue after the first 2 hours of the game? Just curious.

I'm glad you like it, though, man! Glad you got something out of it.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|