View Single Post
Old 10.23.2014, 01:29 PM   #63
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
But rob, using your art to advertise for products is the very definition of selling out. Art is art, not advertising. When you sell your song to advertising its no longer art, its a fucking corporate jingle yo.. its beyond just the $, you're nit promoting your art, you're promoting some bullshit corporate agenda.

that does suck, and I can see how people thinik of that as selling out.

I admire bands that really try to not do that (Beastie Boys for one, sue th shit out of anyone who uses their music, and will never use itto sell anything)

However, many bands do not own copyright to their songs, instead it is held by the publishing company or by the record company, and these bands are screwed from the get go. They have no say in whether their music will be sold to some ad company in 5 years to advertise lipstick.