View Single Post
Old 03.03.2015, 08:46 PM   #38176
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i don't know what you mean by subtitles as many of these were silent movies and used title cards, plus you're in austria and speak german. so you prefer german-language films? or are you showing some kind of subtitles?

I was referring to both title cards and subtitles. Just some sort of way to follow the plot without the audio. I managed to find Castaway On The Moon and The Seventh Seal with English subtitles. German-language films are not a particular criteria I'm looking for, it's just that German Expressionist films are very unique in their visual style.

All eras and genres are welcome. For some time I thought I should show Night And The City (Nice and gritty urban noir-style with deep shadows and a somewhat desolate atmosphere) but so far I only found a version with Greek subtitles, I was hoping for English subs. They are not necessary either but add a nice touch.

Der Golem already crossed my mind, as did Faust. But I think I've already seen someone else using the latter as a backdrop at one of the countless events I've been to in the last few years.

Fritz Lang is always a good idea, I must admit though that I haven't seen Spies so far. And I've been planning to watch Tetsuo for a long time now. Lon Chaney films also came to mind. I'll look into the rest of your recommendations as well. Thank you very much.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|