View Single Post
Old 08.07.2007, 11:56 AM   #19
Ono Soul
little trouble girl

Ono Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's assesOno Soul kicks all y'all's asses
I've always dug "Psychic Hearts" but would agree with the general consensus that it basically sounds like an SY record full of Thurston songs. TOTA is something completely different and really, it's a remarkable piece of work. I certainly wasn't expecting "Psychic Hearts Part Two", but when I first learned that most of the songs were acoustic based I must admit I was taken back. The end result makes for some very interesting, and often times, downright gorgeous listening. TOTA continues the "song based" direction of "Rather Ripped", but with all the acoustic based arrangements the overall feel is different from anything in SY's cannon. As one of the reviews noted above, there's still a couple bursts of white hot noise to be found here and there, the end result sounding like some sort of post-modern, SY-style take on "folk rock". Long story short, I love it! Four stars all the way!
Ono Soul is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|