View Single Post
Old 04.06.2015, 06:38 PM   #19
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I use 3 85 watt celestions and 1 85 watt Jensen in my 4x12 with a 200 watt head.
It is amazing; a full stack in one cab. Clean headroom to burn.
Use a couple high wattage celestions for a good sounding and hard to blow up 2x12.

why full stack? because of the high wattage?
why do you use celestions and one jensen? do you mic the jensen or one of the celestions for recording and gigs?
how's your back?
i mean it's ok for me if I play gigs with bands and have people to help carrying stuff, but when playing solo or with people in wheelchairs... it's hard to carry a 4x12 cabinet sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by next step
Hi guys, I have built a 2x12 cabinet "fender like".
I bought two Jensen P12R AlNiCo magnet and they sound very good to me.

I have put a switch on the rear of the case that allows to play 1x8ohm or 2x4ohm. You could set the switch even to play in stereo that's very cool with a stereo delay!

why do they sound good too you?
what's that alnico thing they want to all want to sell?
the stereo thing works just with the cab or do you have to mic both of them and put them into different channels on the PA when you play?
how do you do that actually? don't you have to go through your top first? do you have diffent outputs from the top to the speakers for channels?

running a bit tight on the money side.
however, i found two celestion g12T-100watts, a 10" ashdown blueline bassspeaker and and some g12t-75watts in broken amps people forgot at my moms house.
gonna fool around with these a bit.
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|