View Single Post
Old 02.15.2016, 01:38 PM   #73
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirsute_biped
SBS is golden, if Sabbath Mach-1 has a stinker it might be Technical Ecstasy or Never Say Die, but I still like those. I saw the Sabs the last time they came around for 13, couldn't do it this time. I've been warming up to the Dio era after a long period of non-acknowledgement, but the 70s were the best. The things I am most excited by at the moment are flamenco, Spanish classical, & Morricone western soundtracks.

Have to agree here. SBS is great. Not as great, perhaps, as Sabotage... but probably better in my opinion than s/t. Definitely better than Technical Ecstasy and Never Say Die, but I too like those albums well enough. I actually think Never Say Die is better than Technical Ecstasy... that album just got a little proggy in the wrong way. Never Say Die did it better.

But I feel like Sabbath "mach1" ended with Sabotage. TE and NSD may have had the lineup and may have had the right components, but they're not part of that 6-album streak of near perfection. Still so much better than He Who Shall Not Be Named (yeah, I'm Voldemorting RJD)
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|