View Single Post
Old 03.15.2016, 12:05 PM   #47840
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
I can't read what you wrote because I blocked you. I assume it was rude, so I neg repped you again. But 5 is contained within 7, so I guess you're right in a way. I apologize. Thanks.
---
Actually, listening to them yesterday, I realized the band I've been in for two weeks is too tame and unadventurous, and I might quit. We're not bad at all, but I don't think over a decade from now anyone on earth will ask about our top 5. Interesting how just a dash on Unwound led me to this conclusion. "Aim higher evollove," I said to myself.

You haven't neg repped me once you silly son of a bitch.

Are you serious about Unwound being tame and unadventurous? If that's what you're trying to get out of them, just listen to Leaves Turn Inside You from start to finish. A lot of their material is pretty straight-forward (not really, but kind of... in a Fugazi kind of way...) post-hardcore. But Leaves Turn Inside You is definitive. Hard to think of a more adventurous record in the greater genre.

But of course nobody's going to be asking for your top 5 Unwound songs in ten years. Not unless you're hanging out with a bunch of post-punk and hardcore fans, or Sonic Youth fans. They're not Nirvana. Never going to have their own issue of Rolling Stone. Probably never even going to have their own documentary on Pitchfork.

People will probably be asking for your favorite National songs. So maybe you should go listen to something really lame and basic like the National?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|