View Single Post
Old 03.10.2016, 04:07 PM   #47827
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I tend to get into artists first, scenes and genres later, after I find trends and connections between the artists I like.

I'm sort of the same way. Before I started with jpop, I was into kpop because of SNSD(Girls' Generation). But interest quickly ended because of the heavy influence of western music(mainly hip hop). Nothing against hip-hop, but that's all everyone was doing and it wasn't long after that SNSD would follow. So I fell off the boat a little after Perfume caught my ears. During that I was listening to more jpop, but nothing resembled anything close to what Perfume and Nakata were doing. Nakata is special because he goes beyond the 'cute' aesthetic(except for Kyary, but that's another story). What he tries to do is set a theme or scenario and makes you feel something more than just the beats. I'm not good at explaining things, and I feel I can't do him justice but his music is unlike any other in the Japanese scene as far as I know.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|