View Single Post
Old 06.07.2006, 07:58 PM   #1
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
oh while we devour this delightful little book i though of a couple of readings that might help illuminate our dark path, har har.

i know of a book of gogoliana by nabokov that guerney mentions. if any of you have read it please post reviews, links, etc.

the whole discussion of russian vs. universal that noumenal spearheaded made me think of something i read by lukacs-- it wasn't the theory of the novel... i'll have to unearth some books. but i'm putting this as a space saver or an invitation maybe to somebody to join & post what im trying to think about (ha ha)

the other thing that stands out, the notion of social classes and the infinite discriminations the russian makes, and how these classes interact, makes me think constantly of that brilliant book by thorsten veblen, "the theory of the leisure class", available for a buck i think on dover thrift editions. or simply, HERE!

that's a crazy book if there ever was one, but more accurate than marx in its social analysis. vaguely reminiscent of gulliver's travels in its near-fantastic approach to human behavior. and also one of jorge luis borges's recommendations in his "personal library" (a list of 100 prologues if i remember).

anybody else?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|