View Single Post
Old 08.14.2006, 02:34 PM   #323
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
I've read Velvet Glove. Didn't care much for it--seemed like Clowes was just being weird to be weird, if you know what I mean. I've also read Caricature, which I liked much better. Ghost World's probably my favorite Clowes--this is a re-read, this time.

after i read 'like a velvet glove cast in iron' i just thought "what the fuck was he on when he wrote that?", Caricature is the only Daniel Clowes book i dont have, i recently got '20th Centuary eightball' and liked that alot.
Ghost Worls is still his best, then Ice Haven, then David Boring, then 20th Centuary Eightball, then the rest.

i really really really reccomend to everyone who likes Daniel Clowes to read anything you can find by Adrien Tomine, he is just like him!!!, his drawing style is exactly the same, but he is far far more realistic than Daniel Clowes.

At the moment i am reading "staring at sound", its about the Flaming lips, its pretty great so far.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|