View Single Post
Old 12.20.2017, 12:37 PM   #4834
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
can't stand them. Dickens was forced down my throat ion AP English classes in 9th grade and senior year. I hated it so much. I found it to be the dullest assignments ever given in these advanced english classes. That is, until I went to University and had to read Marquez and found out what truly insufferable prose is.

Huh. Well, I actually think high school and perhaps even college is a bit young to grasp Marquez. With Dickens you have to have an appreciation for craft, regardless of your opinion of his stories. Kind of like Shakespeare. You can hate it, but it’s not bad. Overrated, maybe. But it’s just not bad writing. It’s actually very good writing, even when it’s dull AF.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|