View Single Post
Old 11.14.2016, 04:39 PM   #19880
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
See this is the weird thing about that sort of writing. Some directors would get slated for not explaining a massive thing like that, others get praised *cough*Lynch*cough*. I remember watching M Night Shyamalan's The Happening and he does a similar thing as Hitchcock. At the end everyone's left wondering when it's gonna happen again and not explaining anything, yet for some reason he got slated HARD for doing that. Even though he was doing a similar thing as Hitchcock.

I suppose the only way you can judge it is to ask whether it works in an individual film. I'd say it works in The Birds and, say, Mulholland Dr. but I haven't seen The Happening so can't comment on that, although I dare say there could be a bit of snobbery involved when it comes to critics dismissing filmmakers like M Night Shyamalan.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|