View Single Post
Old 10.18.2016, 08:37 AM   #19784
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
one of the things i really enjoyed from the start is that the movie doesn't naturalize things, by this i mean, it shows you this scene and these people who should be completely "normal" but instead of trying to familiarize you with them as an ordinary film would do it shows you what is strange about them and points and things you don't know and changes shots to seemingly unrelated things. it's like the tolstoian ostranenie but in reverse--it shows you the familiar but points towards the unknown. just brilliant.

i've seen the last wave, ages ago, and it's also unusual but in a more predictable way, and i've also seen some of his mainstream films and enjoyed them, but this is totally different from the rest, though maybe i have to rewatch some of the others and see the ones i've missed with the perspective of this one.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|