View Single Post
Old 06.20.2017, 05:34 PM   #259
gogologogolo
little trouble girl

gogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Did Maynard Keenan wear dress blues and give a speech about how complainy "snowflakes" are? Cuz that's what he did that a couple weeks ago — around Memorial Day I guess. Really kind of shocked me. I haven't been a Tool fan since high school, but I still thought they had their heads on relatively straight.

Still, I saw them a few times back in the day ('97 and '01 and I think one other time) and they never really disappointed as a live band. But they were also touring behind new albums during those shows, specifically Ænima and Lateralus, so there was at least SOME freshness to what they were performing. I can't imagine what a Tool show would look like in 2017, a decade after their last miserable album. Just playing the same shit, same shit, same shit. No alarms, no surprises.
Pretty much. Maynard didn't do much of anything the whole show, just kinda hid in the shadows. Which is his shtick, apparently. I probably would have enjoyed the show more if I was still in high school, or maybe stoned out of my mind, but I've definitely lost my enthusiasm for these guys at this point.

Maybe that's the reason bands like Swans can still stay vital after so many years--they just refuse to play the same old shit.
gogologogolo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|