View Single Post
Old 08.27.2017, 09:28 AM   #20
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I may be mis-reading, but I feel like there's kind of a meannesss to some of these comments that bothers me a bit.

For one thing, friends, I took this thread as being kind of *about* semi-shitty music. Or at least unexpectedly good songs from largely shifty genres. Can't we talk about that? I mean, have you ever seen that Seinfeld episode? It's absurd! And "Desperado" is a shit ass song by one of the most famously shit ass bands ever. Wanker in the episode goes all haunted-eyed when it plays, like it's super deep. It's necessary ridiculousness.

Can't we talk about that shit? Like, when it happened to us? I've had a boner for "Bette Davis Eyes" since I was like 10 years old. I don't know shit about Kim Carnes, and I'm sure I'd never like anything else she made, but when that song comes on the radio, I listen. Is it silly? Yes. Absolutely. But it's also a great song.

I guess from my perspective, if you don't like the discussion, don't take pat in it. Why drop in just to say something nasty?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|