View Single Post
Old 01.23.2007, 12:01 AM   #36
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
I was listening to the radio in '84, a big Zeppelin, Rush, Yes fan (age 18) at the time, and got bored and started flipping the dial around. I hit the tail end of "She's in a Bad Mood" on KCMU (the once god-like Seattle college station that went to shit and then became KEXP). The dj came on and it was this totally spaced out chick and when she said "That was "She's in a Bad Mood" by Sonic Youth..." I instantly realized that everything I knew about rock music to that point was wrong. There was more power and crazy artiness in the few seconds I heard of that tune than in all the heavy metal and art rock albums in my whole pathetic collection. I never turned back.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|