View Single Post
Old 01.22.2007, 07:59 PM   #35
racehorse
100%

racehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's asses
few years back, in gatwick airport awaiting flight to germany for school trip.
i had a bunch of euros as emercency money for the trip, but i was (am) an irresponsible fucking kid so i thought i'd blow it in the HMV. i was browsing, looking for sonic youth because i'd seen their name on a guy's t shirt once before. this guy played in a band and knew all the cool bands and was much, much cooler than i could ever have hoped to achieve. we're talking different levels here. (or so it seemed to me)
in my hand, walking down the aisles i already had found The Fall live at witch trials and a record by The Cocteau Twins. my eye caught hold of Dirty, it was the cheapest one there, so i thought, fuck it, why not, this might be cool.
i was not expecting the sonic heaven that emerged from my headphones into my virginal earlobes at that moment when i slammed the disk into my walkman. wandering around gatwick airport departure lounge, feeling a new sort of crazy punk rock rebellion inside myself, evoked by this music. fuck! if this band could make an album w/ screeching feedback (i know now that this was their cleanest release to date) then man, i didn't need to go back to my school party! fuck em!!!
eventually the album shrieked it's last dying squeals as the teachers were whipped up into a frenzy searching for me. i wondered up, picked up my bags and got on the plane. never been the same since!!
life was changed!
phew!