View Single Post
Old 03.08.2018, 10:17 PM   #50428
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty bunny
I just started to listen to Metallica, and I'm going back and forth between "Ride the Lightning" & "Kill 'Em All" as my favourites.

Master of Puppets is okay. I haven't really warmed up to ...And Justice For All (except for "One")

The Black album is good, a little easier on the ears than Justice or Puppets, but maybe a little more meh.

I haven't listened to any other Metallica yet. Is Load any good?

If you were in junior high when Load and Reload came out, you’d find something to like about them. But they’re just... ugh... just, like, total jizz compared to the first three albums.

And Justice for All is the most hard on the ears because it’s mixed like dick. A thorough remix of the original masters would be a welcome thing. As things stand, it’s not something I ever listen to, though I know it has some nice moments (despite the tin foil din.... it’s like a stadium metal album that aspires to sound like a Hüsker Dü record. It’s just a terrible job, truly).

Black album is shit. Just dumbed down, short, poppy sellable version of the Master of Puppets approach. Fuck that shit. And fuck everything else.

S&M is fun for the older thrashy songs played with a symphony. Otherwise, bleh meh meh
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|