View Single Post
Old 01.17.2017, 01:49 PM   #72
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
That's clearly not going to be true. At all.

What will be forgotten is your review/whine on him

Agreed. I think I mentioned somewhere on SYG that just last year Mulholland Drive was voted "Best Movie of the 21st Century" in a major critics poll from BBC Culture. Not only that, but it was also voted Best Horror Movie of all time, though I forget who exactly assembled that list.

In fact, shit... walk into any independent record store or movie store (hell, type in "best movies" in google) and you'll see Eraserhead. Maybe it's a list item, maybe it's a t-shirt, but it will probably be quite prominently displayed. That was his FIRST movie.

You think people are going to forget about Twin Peaks? It's been off the air for 25 years, and it never went out of style. It's return is anticipated with a fervor that makes Game of Thrones look like the next throwaway Transformers movie.

Rob, it all makes sense now. Despite the subjectivity of art, our culture has come as close as possible to PROVING that some things are not shit, and those are the things you hate. Shakespeare must really get your goat. And the Beatles. And don't get you started on that Beethoven wanker. Right? Right.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|