View Single Post
Old 09.19.2016, 01:00 PM   #4395
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Friday was an awesome day for me and my book reviews.

A few weeks ago I had read that Alan Moore (V for Vendetta, From Hell, Watchmen, Swamp Thing) was coming out with a novel that had taken him ten years to finish. It is called Jerusalem and is supposed to be Joycean in its scope and complexity.

I looked up his publisher and their parent company. They do not do emails. So I wrote a nicely typed letter to them telling them about myself and my book review blog with a link and asked them if they would be willing to send me an advance copy to review for RXTT's Intellectual Journey. Purely on a lark.

On Friday I checked my mail and W.W. Norton & Co. sent me a galley edition of Jerusalem! Fuck yeah! (Advanced Uncorrected Proofs)

Wow, very awesome.

And I have to say your blog has become essential reading for me. I read a fair bit on the occult (Jack Parsons, Austin Spare, Kenneth Grant, etc) and you're covering some great stuff, much of which I'd never even heard of, let alone read. Seriously love it.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|