View Single Post
Old 09.19.2016, 09:47 AM   #4393
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Friday was an awesome day for me and my book reviews.

A few weeks ago I had read that Alan Moore (V for Vendetta, From Hell, Watchmen, Swamp Thing) was coming out with a novel that had taken him ten years to finish. It is called Jerusalem and is supposed to be Joycean in its scope and complexity.

I looked up his publisher and their parent company. They do not do emails. So I wrote a nicely typed letter to them telling them about myself and my book review blog with a link and asked them if they would be willing to send me an advance copy to review for RXTT's Intellectual Journey. Purely on a lark.

On Friday I checked my mail and W.W. Norton & Co. sent me a galley edition of Jerusalem! Fuck yeah! (Advanced Uncorrected Proofs)