Thread: The Horrors
View Single Post
Old 01.19.2007, 11:57 PM   #7
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlePuppetBoy
Whether you like them or not, you have to admit, they're more proof that NME is rather ignorant of old underground music.

Well its a magazine unaware of its own cultural importance. The last culturally important thing they did was to endorse the libertines, but since then theyve taken zero risks. I still remember seeing that Godspeed! You black Emperor front cover and thinking how incredibly brave and daring it was to have that front cover.
Its so sad how NME has driven away people who would normally read it, I can understand its motivation to sell copies, but they have just become an industry mouthpiece. A magazine like that should be pushing acts not massively popular - although i realise putting muse on the front cover is going to be done, i wish they would give something to the less popular string of the musical world. I mean, even if they put something like Explosions in the sky on the cover.
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|