View Single Post
Old 08.09.2016, 08:50 PM   #4362
d.sound
the destroyed room

d.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's asses
i alternate between reading a physical book and listening to an audiobook.

the last few years have mostly been occupied by sci-fi

a few robert heinlein favorite: stranger in a strange land (first audiobook, then picked up an expanded version with the original manuscript)
every single kurt vonnegut book - favorites in order: sirens of titan, cat's cradle, slaughterhouse 5
any and always anything new by chuck palahniuk - favorites: rant and choke
i'm several books in on arthur c clarke's bibliography. favs: childhood's end (of course! though i read that back in highschool), the rama series, odyssey series. currently on the last theorem.
i'm always collecting my favorite all time author hermann hesse. favs: glass bead game, der steppenwolf, siddhartha. i bought a few short story collections. currently reading narziss & goldmund for the 2nd time since highschool.

i've tried several other books. i don't always get far into them before getting bored. i liked neal steaphonson's snow crash and larry niven's ringworld. i listened to the entirety of the dune series. wasn't impressed. a lot of asimov, couldn't get into it.
d.sound is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|