View Single Post
Old 05.09.2016, 02:19 PM   #29
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I was working as a sub all year cuz i lost my job last year meanwhile paying cash for grad school. Oh yeah and i don't work over summer cuz finding part-time summer job has been literally impossible so i stopped trying. So yeah. I am indeed THAT broke.

I'm sorry to hear that. I thought you were teaching full time. I know grad school is expensive as all hell. I don't know how you're covering it with just subbing, but if you've been able to do so thus far, that's impressive. Good for you.

I subbed for a while this year (again) while I was looking for work, after spending the summer renovating a house. The pay was insulting. I made more as a TA in grad school (you know, before I screwed that up). Charter schools are popping up all over, and the public school system is just scraping by, while its teachers go years and years without raises. I'm very lucky to have found the job I now have. Kicks my ass but it pays the bills.

No disrespect intended.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|