View Single Post
Old 03.01.2015, 11:30 PM   #18591
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses

CALVARY (2014) This is the second irish movie i see with brendan gleeson and he's fucking amazing in it. the first was THE GUARD, which was brilliant. apart for that the screenplay was pretty great, not as great as his acting but still. 4/5. 4.5?

ps, in spite of what the poster says (if you can see it, i can't right now), this is not a "black comedy". it's not a comedy at all-- of course it has its funny fucking moments, it's a rural parish in ireland somewhat reminiscent of "father ted", and gleeson can be hilarious, but that doesn't make it a fucking "comedy" just like hamlet talking about "country matters" doesn't make hamlet a comedy. that's pure doltardery that ignores the main drive of the film.

AUTUMN SONATA (Bergman, 1978). a fucking excellent filmed play. by play i mean-- characters voice their thoughts, etc. but damn what a great playwright bergman was. featuring ingrid bergman and liv ullman-- what a pair. and the color so beautifully shot by sven nykvist. 5/5.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|