View Single Post
Old 03.28.2016, 10:45 AM   #86
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Oh, and what the fuck do you mean he's never been insane? Criminal masterminds and murderers hell bent on killing aliens and increasing their power at the expense of anyone and anything aren't insane?

Sure, the movie portrays him (or his son.. or whatever) as more of a psychopath than a sociopath, which is generall how he's portrayed when he's a villain. But big deal. Gene Hackman played him as a freaking used-car salesman type of supervillain. A totally hokey (but pretty awesome) douche bag. A comedic figure more than anything else.

The comics chiefly portray him as a stone faced, calculating bully, and that's never translated on to the screen.

Again, I think it should have been Bryan Cranston, but what the fuck do I know. If they'd followed in Richard Donner's footsteps, they would have cast John C. Reilly. And not serious John C. Reilly... Like, Step-Brothers John C Reilly. Talladega Nights John C. Reilly. Yuck.

If it can't be a perfect portrayal of the character as imagined in the comics, then I'm all for an experimental take on the character. Jesse Eisenberg kinda bugs me because I think he believes himself to be a really genuine character actor of the highest pedigree, and he's not bad, but he's not that great. His Zuckerberg came across as a bit frothy-at-the-mouth too, thanks to Aaron Sorkin's mile a minute screenplay, and some of that translated over to this. But whatevs. I'm fine with it.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|