View Single Post
Old 10.15.2014, 05:18 PM   #58
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate_ladyland
Too many white males on that list bro. Fuck preferences, you gotta think of the big picture.

I thought it was rock only... or something. And yeah- I know Parliament/Funkadelic and aphex twin are not rock, but they're both close enough to the rock trends of their respective eras. Parliament and Funkadelic played with some rock-type bands and Aphex Twin was on Alternative Nation lol.

Originally I had a 50 artist list, but so many of them were either totally not rock or already in the fucking HoF that I went through and clipped them.

it was at that point that I started wondering what the fuck I was doing. By the time I got to the question of "to Kanye or not to Kanye" I was like, "fuck it this is just a huge list of artists I like that aren't my favorite artists... I've wasted like fifteen minutes on this shit. Is my time worth so little?"

I guess I still don't understand. If anyone wants to know my favorite bands, I'll happily oblige. If anyone wants to know who I'd put in the R&R HoF if it belonged to me, I guess I'll answer, but don't tell me it can't overlap with my faves. And if it HAS to be rock, then what I put is the best I can do because I don't give a shit about rock, really.

Sure I love SY and Unwound and Sebadoh and Swans and the Fall and Joy Division, but those bands can all be described more accurately by the words "not rock" than "Rock n' Roll" which makes me think of ...well... Van Halen.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|