View Single Post
Old 04.03.2019, 01:30 PM   #65
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
I have a memory of reading an interview with SY around the time of ExpJetSet and they said something to the effect that Dirty was a more conventional heavy rock record that lead to them playing on the same bills as bands they weren't into so they wanted to make something more odd and ramshackle, more or less inspired by groups like pavement and the folk implosion.

However that was 25 years ago and my memory could be totally wrong.

ExpJetSet was the 2nd SY record I got and i loved it then and still love it now, I used to sit sit in my bedroom listening to it and pouring over the myth-science-art cards trying to expunge any deeper meanings from them. I was baffled when i later found out that a lot of self-proclaimed SY fans really dislike ExpJetSet. I guess the world is full of meat heads, idiots and Red Hot Chilli Peppers fans though.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|