View Single Post
Old 08.03.2017, 08:16 AM   #8615
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i think that few IN france watch or are interested it. no? i mean. i often see half empty stadiums in french games. so i don't know how this whole operation is sustained.

as for money, we're in the middle of a bull market, as i just read in this morning's paper. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...or-first-time/

and yeah, "emerging markets" are the key to this. china, india, latin america are bringing people into the middle classes at a fast pace, and they all want to enjoy themselves.

so i don't see this growth in wages necessarily as a pure capriciousness, but rather reflecting of the new global audience who gets satellite tv in the middle of the amazon jungle or the mongolian steppe. just look at how much it costs to make a hollywood blockbuster that takes years to make. meanwhile, neymar can potentially provide one or two shows per week for years and years. it's not so much when you see it as that.

not saying that it's not a bubble and that it can't burst. just saying we have to think about global audiences rather than national ones at this point. i guess im hedging my bets with this argument ha ha ha.

and speaking of money-- are you seeing that tv money have much effect on the prem's hires yet? or is it the same?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|