View Single Post
Old 03.20.2014, 06:40 PM   #254
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
YG - My Krazy Life (March 18)

The album begins with "Momma Speech Intro" a 15 second intro of YG's mother screaming o
ut to him, warning him that he "better not be outside with them gangbangers." This sets the tone for the rest of the album, as it is filled with skits that reenact moments of YG's life.[22] "I Just Want To Party" features fellow Los Angeles rappers Schoolboy Q and Jay Rock. The song is notable for featuring a collaboration with rappers affiliated, with the Bloods (YG and Jay Rock), and Crips (Schoolboy Q) street gangs. However, the song aims to put affiliations and street politics aside to do just party.[23] On the Ty Dolla Sign-produced "Really Be (Smokin' & Drinkin')", YG and Kendrick Lamar rap about using substances to numb the pain.[24][25] Lamar justifies his affinity for alcohol and other vices by detailing the messed up things that’s happened to him recently, including the death of his friend Chad.[25] The album closer "Sorry Momma" is an ode to YG's mother that features a gospel-like chorus sung by Ty Dolla Sign and a soulful saxophone backed instrumental created by Terrace Martin.[26][27]

Here we are. Still not clear on your final opinion on it. My search was inconclusive on that particular piece of the should-I-buy-this? puzzle.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|