View Single Post
Old 07.11.2013, 02:21 PM   #568
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I sound like a fucking ass. I only barely know enough about west coast rap to have an opinion. I can't stand most of the golden era of gangsta. And all that B-list shit like Cube... Might as well be ICP to me. That's just RAP. For rap fans, and aspiring RAPpers. It's so monotonous it's painful. I prefer music that aims higher than the chest. I like weird hip hop. I like soulful hip hop. I like brilliantly themed sci-fi / king fu inspired hip hop with production that resonates, and doesn't sound as one dimensional as And Justice for All.

No you don't, you sound like a perfectly reasonable fan of of East coast ra and hip hop. There are very substantive musical differences between the two, and it is expected that fans rarely be mutual. I do like the RZA/GZA/GhostFace/Funk Doc, though I do much more prefer the west coast version Black Knights. I also bump that Killah Priest, and love the Gravediggaz, and I adore Tribe Called Quest. But that is about as eastcoast as I can get, and realistically, those guys have a lot of west coast style albums (more musical cadence, gothic beats, super soul samples)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|