View Single Post
Old 02.08.2021, 11:07 AM   #3327
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon

Also watching this after years of having little interest in doing so - mostly because the imdb rating seemed comparatively low and because I didn't feel like I could get invested in those agent characters I've never heard of. I was pretty wrong. This is a damn fine show with quality writing and unique characters. Kind of mad it was under my radar for so long. Goes to show to never underestimate Joss Whedon, I guess.

I'm also still watching this, which is a quite annoying experience. It's broadcast on TV, but for some dumb reason they broadcast one season, an episode on Sunday late late night. Then after the season is over they will do that same season again on repeat!! And they've been doing that so far with each season. So whenever the new season is finally there, you've forgotten what happened in the previous season. We're now halfway down to season 5, and it took me a couple of episodes to figure out what the hell was happening. Probably by the time I've figured it out completely, the season will be over and they start it from scratch again. AAAAhhhhnnoooyyyiiiinnnnngggggg!!!!!
Anyway, I do like the main characters, but story wise it's sometimes annoying how far fetched the storylines go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
Sherlock

I thought I'd seen all episodes but must have missed some

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
I've also heard that this show is fucking great.

Discuss.

The ratings on IMDB are consistently very high, if that matters in any way. But the plusses for me are that it stars Martin Freeman as Dr Watson, and Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock is pretty good too. It's set in modern times (most episodes are anyway), but still keeps the original storylines as they were written ages ago. The length of the episodes are 90 minutes (instead of the regular 50-60), so it's almost like watching a movie.

Minussess: they could have left the whole character of Sherlock's brother out of it for me, it's too distracting from the original stories. But that's me who only started reading all the stories and kind of aborted it on ~a third, so perhaps the brother does get a large part in the stories that I haven't read. (Wikipedia says he only appears in a couple of stories)

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|