Thread: kayo dot...
View Single Post
Old 10.18.2010, 01:05 PM   #100
washer
bad moon rising

washer cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Uh, wow, remember when they had a thousand members? This looks like a broken social scene group picture or something, haha. Why did all those people quit?

In 2006, near the end of the fall tour, four members – playing guitar, bass, drums, and trumpet – left the band for personal reasons.

This is a quote from Wikipedia, but I remember reading something that Toby said about how the departure of several band members made him realise that he was perhaps being kind of a "control freak". But yeah, he seems to be quite a nice guy, judging from the way he addressed the crowd when I saw Kayo Dot live.

Also,

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Wow, didn't realize Coyote was about Yuko Sueta, Toby's ex-girlfriend, who was dying of cancer when they made the album -- and has recently passed away.

That gives the whole album a completely different meaning for me, and is extremely creepy to boot...

I tell you, man, since I read that on a Rock-A-Rolla article about Coyote, I get shivers right from the album's first two verses - Help me / I'm disappearing. Knowing the background that led to those words really gives a whole new meaning to it.
washer is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|