View Single Post
Old 01.07.2014, 10:56 PM   #1465
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I'm anti-common and I don't even know why. I've never heard a song of his that made me feel anything other than suspicious.

Also- most appropriately named rapper ever. lol.

I'll admit, I don't outright hate on Common, but I've never particularly been feeling him myself yo. More into the Mos Def side of that equation.. as to Gravitas, its a good record, and I also dig that Talib Kweli is going Killah Priest and self-releasing it, post-2000s independent music is fucking an epic movement allowing artists to entirely obstruficate the mainstream process. Its too bad it hasn't helped for MC Tree, dude almost seems kind of burned about that.. He had critical acclaim but makes no $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Sorry. I don't mean to be a hater. I just think the guy is kind of an opportunistic "rap star" type. Very few rappers can act in romantic comedies with Queen Latifah and still maintain cred.

Don't be hatin on Queen Latifah yo, Kadijah will fuck you up! That, and have you noticed how fine she is lately? That at the thick big-boned Latifah of the 1990s yo,

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|