View Single Post
Old 12.23.2014, 10:14 AM   #6481
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses

Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross's third film score to be nominated for (and hopefully win a Golden Globe), and very likely his third to be nominated (hopefully second to win) an Academy Award) in less than four years. In a way, Trent has become the most successful and adaptive of all the late '80s/early '90s alt rock proto-alt rockers. I mean.... look at Billy Corgan and Scott Weiland in comparison. I'll bet they can't even afford tuxedos.

This is an excessively claustrophobic piece of music. I haven't seen the film, but having read the book I can feel the story building as the layers of normality shrivel and fall away, revealing a rotting core.

It's less sprawling and ballsy than The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, but far more focused. It's also super well-priced. Grabbed mine for $9.99.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|