View Single Post
Old 06.26.2019, 10:45 AM   #84
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
I don't like the majority of Arcade Fire's music and I don't quite get why they are as revered as they are. I'm willing to admit that they do some good live-shows and I've even written a positive review of one of their performances based on that alone. They do know how to animate their crowd and certainly know how to play their songs. But that doesn't make me like their studio material. Unbearably facile lyrics that are supposed to be profound and whimsical whilst just coming off as pretentious and cynical; song structures that have absolutely no buildup/progression and are basically just choruses backed up by "oooohs" and "ahhhhs"; unremarkable and at times even annoying vocalists. What's the appeal?

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|