View Single Post
Old 11.23.2018, 08:05 PM   #53
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Sidenote: it's very refreshing, to me at least, to encounter LGBTQ+ people who don't adhere to the typical boring music tastes that community too often seems to follow like an obligation or an inevitable trend. I've met dozens of gay people (before anyone gets smartass about it, I don't mention this as "trolling for a badge", m'kay; I'm just stating a fact) and it's always the usual shit suspects: Madonna, Cher, bullcrap. Why can't they go for Hüsker Dü? Two thirds of the fuckin' band were gay! Why can't they go for Laura Nyro?

Just sayin'...

My first gay roommate (I’ve had, like, six) got turned onto Sonic Youth after hearing me listen to “Silver Rocket.”

He was into Aphex Twin and Trail of Dead and Amon Tobin and Nine Inch Nails and (blech) Smashing Pumpkins but sion got really into punk. We saw SY live together a few times.

My second gay roommate (who’s married to a woman and goes by a “female” name now but remains queer), was into Velvets, early REM, Wilco, Televisoon... got me into Television, actually... Talking Heads. Sonic Youth, Husker Du, Modern Lovers... his collection was like mine without the industrial, hardcore and hip-hop. He’s basically my musical soulmate and he’d have have set you straight on this misconception long ago.

Maybe you’re just hanging out with a certain group of gay people?

Anyway, not giving you shit, just funny how different our experiences have been.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|