View Single Post
Old 07.08.2008, 05:48 PM   #43
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I think anyone who says stuff like this is 12 years old and does not realize the meaning of the word EXPERT

It does NOT mean you know everything.

It does NOT mean you have a comprehensive knowledge bridging all musical genres and fields.

It does mean that you have a lot of knowledge, more so than the average person, about a specific field/genre/band/instrument.etc.

a person can be an EXPERT on toilet tissue and know nothing about bidets.

I can be an expert on sonic youth and know nothing about the Swans.

if you're so intent on calling yourself a music expert then fine, but i think there's a difference between being knowledgeable and being an expert.
anyway, what i was talking about as far as experts go would be someone like dj rick who from what i've seen here knows more about regional punk scenes than than the people who listen to that music and live in those places. people like him are experts, some people just listened to polvo when they were at college, and other people fall somewhere in between.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|