View Single Post
Old 04.08.2006, 08:36 AM   #39
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by truncated
I have to agree with Glice here. EVERYONE'S spoken language (for purposes of the discussion, I'll restrict this to English) is peppered with colloquialisms and idioms,

[...]

Ebonics is an attempt to assert cultural identity in a sphere in which it is unnecessary and overblown. It is a playing card born of racial tension in America, nothing more. If you are a person of average intelligence, regardless of race, ethnicity, or geographic location, there is no excuse

and I mean NO excuse

for not learning formal English. End of story. And no allowances should be made for it.

ok, you're one of my very favorite people here, so it's more fun to disagree.

first i think glice didn't go as far as to reach a conclusion but simply posed a precise question" "is it removed enough"?

your answer is no, mine is yes. but glice didn't say either.

now, about the rest of your post, please read that article... it's pretty good. read it & then we argue some more
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|