View Single Post
Old 04.23.2024, 03:51 PM   #3766
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
I recently finished Buffy, first time watching it through. Some things didn't age well at all, as was to be expected. And the whole Joss Whedon situation was hanging over the viewing experience like a cloud. But overall, I have to conclude that it was a damn fine piece of television for its time. Funny, likeable characters (with a few exceptions) and strong interpersonal relationships. Nice time capsule in terms of music and style too. And gutsy artistic decisions for network television. I get the hype.

Meanwhile, I've started watching what someone once aptly described as a Vampire-shaped plank of wood. Boreanaz can be good when he's allowed to be a bit more jovial. But that brooding stoical vamp routine is very dull. His more comedic notions and Charisma Carpenter reprising her redeemed clique queen persona Cordelia are doing a lot of the heavy lifting in this early stretch of the first Season. But it supposedly gets more interesting. I'll give it a shot.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|