View Single Post
Old 07.08.2007, 02:58 PM   #809
cuetzpalin
the end of the ugly

cuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
In short, no it's not very good. I've never read the book, so I can't compare. But, from what I've heard, he made a lot of changes and improvements for the book version.

I did read American Gods though, and that's very good.

yeah that's why I won't watch the TV series.. I love the book, I know it for a long time and it's just about a month ago when I realized that it's been originally created as a serial story for BBC.. Try the book, but it'll probably be weird to read after you've seen the series..
Gaiman is excellent writer, I read Stardust too and I wanna buy Coraline and American Gods. It was pretty hard to get those two (Neverwhere and Star dust) at least. Star dust is pretty fairy but lovely too. I just dig his ability to draw together reality and that faerie world aspect.. Never seen it before

edit: when I saw some pics from the Neverwhere TV series i was really sickened, everything there is just wrong

Co-founder of uber-kool outsiders' club.
member of Pookie's fan club
cuetzpalin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|