View Single Post
Old 06.27.2008, 07:40 PM   #161
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
Out of curiosity, how old are you? Well no, I don't really care how old you are. What I mean is, how well into that career are you? I'm going to be getting my B.A. in May (English-Writing), and feel like I'm kind of being shoved into a movie-production career that I don't really want, just because it's easy to get into and may have an easy outlet for my writing.

I'd much rather set myself up for teaching at the college level, but all the advisors I talk to make it sound impossible before getting a doctorate. I'm going to go for one, in time, but I'd like to go out and get into the field (and, well, you know, make some actual money to pay stuff off) in the meantime. I know I've had professors with B.A.s, though. In fact I wrote an article for the school paper defending a few amazing professors in this position that got a lot of positive feedback (and I think it helped one of them get a better position). However, I have no idea how they got the job in the first place and what I would need to do to follow.

Do you have any advice?

Check your PMs
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|