View Single Post
Old 05.28.2006, 12:26 PM   #9
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
I think khchris(original) has made a very valid observation there; and I especially agree with the experimental part. I think SY have morphed into the greatest rock band alive. The greatest. Not an experimental band. A ROCK band. And I believe they've been moving in this direction consciously for some time now, ever since DDN probably... But; right up until Sonic Nurse; they've somewhat abandoned this approach and explored a softer, mellow sound that's somewhat ambient and textural in approach; less of their rock-star-meets-trasher-noisemaker music than in their pre-DGC days. I tend to agree with khchris(original)'s stance that it started with A Thousand Leaves. Rather Ripped is more of a return to their rock band approach that has been somewhat absent right up until Sonic Nurse, though that album had a somewhat rock groove feel to it. Well, just my two cents, thanks for reading. And I love A Thousand Leaves by the way...