Thread: Metallica
View Single Post
Old 03.26.2007, 10:04 AM   #58
Jt
children of satan

Jt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Wheel Memory
Those were all great albums, but I gotta disagree about the bass on Justice. That record proved to me that in thrash metal, you don't need a bass. I like the "thrashiness" of the rhythm guitar and snare drums alone, with the occasional Hammett solo. More raw and scathing that way. I'm probably the only Metallica fan who feels that way.

Seriously I don't know whether you've the vinyl version or the CD, but as far as the CD is concerned the production on Justice is ludicrously thin. Puppets sounded ferocious, but Justice sounds flat as hell, even if the playing is as tight as a snake's ass. If only they'd get Rubin or somebody to remaster the thing and put it out on SACD... it'd be a different album.

I'm a big fan of the *early* stuff too - their debut and 'Bonded By Blood' by Exodus are immense examples of early thrash.