View Single Post
Old 07.02.2017, 09:38 AM   #625
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
There's a "Fu-Ge-la" sample? That's legit. Maybe Jay is finally "rhyming like Talib Kweli" on this one? That's the impression I got from the samples.

On the flip, y'all don't like "Picasso Baby"? That was actually one of my fav MCHG tracks. "I never stuck my cock in the fox's box" and all.

Ok, number 1:

Jay has always been able to rhyme like Talib Kweli (who, by the way, has sucked to the point of becoming a basic non-entity over the past several years) ... the issue, in Jay's mind, was that he had decided to be lyrically inferior. And I'll say, on 4:44, he's rapping from his heart, not doing acrobatics. But the result is stronger than anything I've heard from either artist in some time.

Number 2:

"Picasso Baby" has its good parts, but, again, it features JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE VOCALLY SAMPLING KURT FUCKING COBAIN. That is NOT OK.

Also, Jay totally stuck his cock in many a fox's box — an error in judgment he addresses on this album in a surprisingly heartfelt and genuine-sounding way.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|