View Single Post
Old 05.20.2016, 10:03 AM   #201
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Haha but we're all dad aged now so its apt

I don't know... I mean, yes, we're dad aged. Easy. I'm several years older than my parents were when they had me. But I still think of Springsteen and The Eagles when I think of dad rock.

Radiohead just doesn't sound like the dreaded "DR" to me. Few of the bands from my formative years feel like they could hold that title. Pearl Jam is one major, major exception. Everything about them screams dad rock and has since about 1996.

My own father barely considers Radiohead music. Which is kind of weird because he's a Beatles guy, and if "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite" is music, surely just about anything is. I love that song, but it's just so weird, even compared to today's most experimental pop.

Coldplay is definitely dad rock. I don't think there's a "kid" on the planet who really loves that band.
Severian is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|